Benefits Of Invisalign Braces Compared To Metal Braces In Murray UT
Are you for a braces treatment system to straighten your teeth and give you a beautiful smile? You might be looking at the several options available to you in the Salt Lake City area. Here at Dr. Blackwood’s office, we see the value in each option, but we recommend Invisalign.
Invisalign vs Metal Braces
Why do we choose Invisalign above every braces system for teeth straightening? When you compare and contrast Invisalign with metal braces, you can see the clear advantages of using Invisalign:
- Invisalign braces are invisible. They use a series of clear aligner trays that your friends won’t even notice. You can laugh, smile, and get your photo snapped while Invisalign is straightening your teeth!
- Metal braces are not attractive. Not only do they require a metal bracket on each tooth, they make your lips pucker out.
- Invisalign braces don’t contain any metal wires or brackets, so they can’t cut and scar your gums or the inside of your mouth.
- It’s easy to keep your teeth clean with Invisalign braces, because you can simply take out the aligner trays while you brush and floss.
- It’s hard to brush and floss around metal braces. Also, unless you brush after every meal, food can get stuck in them.
- Invisalign braces usually take less time to straighten teeth than metal braces take.
- Invisalign braces tend to hurt less than metal braces. They use a system of aligners that gradually, consistently, and progressively straighten teeth.
- Metal braces can be very painful. Many patients dread the appointments when they get their wires tightened, because it’s so painful.
- Invisalign braces mean less time at the dentist for visits. Why? Because when you come see us at our Murray, UT office, Dr. Blackwood will give you several sets of aligners at a time, which you can swap out at home on a simple schedule.
The last factor we have noticed is hard to measure, but we think of it as “confidence.” Many of our patients—especially those who have personally tried both Invisalign and metal braces—are simply more confident in Invisalign. They really believe Invisalign is superior.
Settle the Invisalign Vs. Metal Braces Debate Yourself
We’re confident in Invisalign too! Let’s talk about Invisalign braces for straightening your teeth if you are in the Salt Lake City area, from Murray to Sandy, Utah! Call us today.
We offer other orthodontic options besides Invisalign, so please feel free to look over all of our services on our main dental website!